For most WordPress installations, the following instructions will complete your Leadbox embed code process in just a few clicks. Keep in mind with many WordPress themes and variations, this can be different in some cases. We offer two options for adding the Leadbox to your WordPress site, our WordPress plugin or our embed code.
Embed Using WordPress Plugin
Here are the steps to add and manage your Leadbox(es) to your site with our WordPress plugin.
- Download the Leadferno WP plugin here (leadferno_1.1.zip).
- In your WordPress site menu, go to Plugins.
- Select Add new > Upload plugin. The file viewer on your computer will open.
- Choose the file you downloaded, then Activate the plugin.
Create Your Leadbox In The Plugin
- Select the Leadferno option in the main left menu
- Select Add new Leadbox at the top.
- Get the DATA-BID string from your Leadferno account. Go to Leadbox, then click Get Embed Code in upper right.
- Copy only the DATA-BID string of 32 characters (highlighted in orange) from the embed code.
- Paste your DATA-BID into the proper field in the plugin settings.
- Complete the other options for your Leadbox in the plugin settings for type and display.
Repeat this process if you'd like to display more than one Leadbox on your site.
Embed Code Directly to WordPress
The end result you are seeking is to embed the code in a file that then shows the Leadbox on every page of the site. This is most often a header or a footer file that is sitewide like header.php or footer.php in WordPress themes.
To get started you will need to have your Leadbox embed code. When you signed up, the embed code was displayed at the end of the sign-up form. Also, you can find the embed code from Leadferno under Leadbox > Get Embed Code.
WordPress Installation Steps
First, sign in to your WordPress account.
Click on Appearance in the left side menu.
Select Theme Editor. The Edit Themes page loads.
- Under the Theme files list on the right, select Theme Footer (footer.php) or Theme Header (header.php). These are both "universal" files that appear on every page of your site and where you want to embed your Leadbox code so it appears on every page.
- Add the embed code to its own line before the </body>.
- Save by selecting Update File.
Leadbox not showing
If after proper installation of your Leadbox and it isn't showing, here are a few troubleshooting tips.
1. If you are using a WordPress plug-in for caching or site speed, you will need to change your settings to allow the Leadbox to show. Products like NitroPack, WP Rocket, and others will cause the Leadbox not to show unless you make adjustments to allow the Leadbox embed code to load.
Sample embed exclusion from NitroPack settings:
Here is how to enable the Leadbox to show in WP Rocket. You will use the directions in the "Exclude and internally hosted file" section and enter the domains of:
2. Your website hosting might have a caching or compression service/tool as part of it. Make sure you can change your settings with your host to allow the Leadbox script to load.